980 Area Code (North Carolina) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 980 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 8 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of North Carolina.
North Carolina, NC
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 980
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (980) 206-3427Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallPlease help me get this stopped.
- (980) 232-9942Posing As Duke EnergyPosing As Duke EnergyNot again! I received a 2nd call from Florida. I was scammed from Duke Energy 2 yrs ago.
- (980) 272-2823Unknown Other Than V219162100Unknown Other Than V219162100Spam
- (980) 292-4961Prank CallerPrank CallerCalls every day diff.
- (980) 404-2297Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterStupid a*****e stole my sisters WhatsApp and tried to scam her friends.
- (980) 404-7018Telemarketer Or ScamTelemarketer Or ScamDidn't announce who they were. Just say "Hey, ---------," (didn't even ask if I was the person's first name they stated, than said something about a group and $5k gift card. Definitely a male voice. I said NO THANKS and quickly hung up. Number says Shelby, North Carolina.
- (980) 533-7525Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterFake text pretending to ask for Katherine
- (980) 920-8470Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterBeen receiving calls from this number starting at 8:00am to 7:30pm, approximately 20mins between calls tying up my office line.
Area Codes That Start with 9
- 901Area CodeTennessee, TN
- 902Area CodeInvalid
- 903Area CodeTexas, TX
- 904Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 905Area CodeInvalid
- 910Area CodeNorth Carolina, NC
- 916Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 917Area CodeNew York, NY
- 925Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 936Area CodeTexas, TX
- 937Area CodeOhio, OH
- 947Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 949Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 954Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 984Area CodeNorth Carolina, NC
Major Counties Served by 980 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 980
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 980 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 980
- % of City
- Indian Trail33,5180%100%
- Mint Hill22,7220%100%
- Mount Holly13,6560%100%
- Kings Mountain10,2960%100%
- Wesley Chapel7,4630%100%
- Bessemer City5,3400%100%
- Boiling Springs4,6470%100%
- China Grove3,5630%100%
- Lake Park3,4220%100%
- Granite Quarry2,9300%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 13%Southern Bell Tel &
- 6%Time Warner Cbl
- 6%Bandwidthcom Clec
- 5%Peerless Network
- 3%Level 3
- 2%Sbc Internet Services
- 14%Verizon Wireless
- 1%365 Wireless
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 980 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 980?
Area code 980 is located in the eastern time zone.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 980?
Area code 980 is one of North Carolina's newer area codes. It was created on July 1, 1998, and was first put into use on October 25, 1998. The 980 area code includes the Charlotte metropolitan area.The 980 area code was created to relieve some of the strain on the 704 area code. Charlotte's population was growing rapidly at the time, and the 704 area code was becoming increasingly crowded.
The 980 area code covers a large area. It includes parts of 23 counties in North Carolina. The largest city in the 980 area code is Charlotte, of course. But the 980 area code also includes the cities of Concord, Gastonia, and Kannapolis.
The 980 area code is also home to a number of businesses and corporate headquarters. Some of the biggest companies in the world have their North Carolina headquarters in the 980 area code. These companies include Bank of America, Lowe's, and Duke Energy.
So what is the origin of area code 980? As you can see, it's a fairly recent area code, and it was created to relieve some of the pressure on the 704 area code. Charlotte's population was growing rapidly at the time, and the 704 area code was becoming increasingly crowded.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 980?
Are you looking for a reliable and experienced Code 980 provider? If so, you're in luck! Code 980 is a leading provider of innovative technology solutions that can help your business grow. We offer a wide range of services, including cloud services, data center services, and much more.No matter what your business needs, Code 980 has you covered. We have years of experience in the technology industry and are passionate about providing our clients with the best possible service. We're always up for a challenge, so don't hesitate to contact us today to see how we can help you!
Is Area Code 980 Toll Free of Charge?
Do you know if area code 980 is toll free? If not, you're not alone. A lot of people don't know whether or not a specific area code is toll free. And, to be quite honest, it can be a little confusing.First of all, what is a toll free number? Toll free numbers are numbers that you can call without having to pay any fees. They're typically used for customer service or support lines, or for businesses that want to make it easy for their customers to reach them.
Now, back to area code 980. Is it toll free? The answer to that question is a little complicated. See, while 980 is a toll free area code, it's only toll free when you're calling from within the United States. If you're calling from another country, you'll have to pay a fee to use that number.
So, is area code 980 toll free? Yes, but only within the United States. If you're calling from another country, you'll have to pay a fee.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 980？
Area code 980 is one of the most popular area codes in North Carolina. It's also one of the most scam-prone area codes. Here are a few tips to help you spot a scam in area code 980.1. Be suspicious of unsolicited calls or emails. If you receive a call or email from someone you don't know, be suspicious. Don't give out any personal information, and don't click on any links or attachments.
2. Watch out for fake contests and sweepstakes. A common scam in area code 980 is the fake contest or sweepstakes. The scammers will try to get you to enter your personal information, or they will ask you to wire money.
3. Be careful of offers that seem too good to be true. If an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Don't give out your personal information or send money to someone you don't know.
4. Check the caller ID. If you're not sure whether a call is legitimate, check the caller ID. If the number doesn't match the number on the caller ID, it's probably a scam.
5. Report any scams you encounter. If you encounter a scam, report it to the Federal Trade Commission.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 980?
There may come a time when you need to block calls from a specific area code. Maybe you're getting too many calls from someone you don't know, or maybe you're just trying to protect your privacy. Whatever the reason, it's easy to do.There are a few different ways to block calls from a specific area code. You can use your phone's built-in features, or you can use an app.
If you have a newer iPhone, you can use the "Do Not Disturb" feature to block calls from a specific area code. Just go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and scroll down to "Allow Calls From." You can then select "No One" or "My Contacts."
If you have an Android phone, you can use the "Call Block" feature to block calls from a specific area code. Just go to Settings > Call > Call Block and add the area code you want to block.
If you don't have a newer iPhone or an Android phone, you can use an app to block calls from a specific area code. There are a number of apps available, but one of the most popular is Call Blocker. Just search for "Call Blocker" in the App Store or Google Play Store and download the app.
No matter which method you choose, blocking calls from a specific area code is a quick and easy way to protect yourself from unwanted calls.