984 Area Code (North Carolina) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 984 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 10 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of North Carolina.
North Carolina, NC
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 984
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (984) 202-9985Text/SMSText/SMSReceived a text stating they won a lottery and were giving $10K to random strangers! They had a link to click, I did not due to the number of prank texts I receive!
- (984) 209-7000NetappNetapp+1 984-209-7000 Spam
- (984) 223-6776Prank CallerPrank CallerThe caller is looking for people to join a class-action lawsuit.
- (984) 223-9616Senior BenefitsSenior BenefitsCalls every day, doesn't leave message. Must stop!!
- (984) 255-0045Pharmacy ServicePharmacy ServiceWhen you call the number back the recording says "the number you have called is unallocated."
- (984) 255-0383Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterSo sick of all of these "fake" calls! These people use regular numbers trying to convince people to answer the phone, in the hopes that you will stay on long enough to listen to their B.S. and be fooled into giving them your credit card number, your S.S. number, or other personal information. Don't trust any number you are not completely sure of. All of these scammers making these calls have bad intentions. Even if the deal sounds good, it's not.... "What sounds to good to be true always is."
- (984) 255-9136TelemarketerTelemarketerPerson called to offer a topical medicine for back pain. Said company name was Medical Service Group located in Wellington Florida. Phone number is a Raleigh NC listing.
- (984) 355-6061Would Not Tell MeWould Not Tell MeThis is a scam as a valid business would give their name
- (984) 355-9485TelemarketerTelemarketerThey call about 5 times per day. I have called them and asked them to stop calling
- (984) 664-9460North CarolinaNorth Carolinasays it's not a sales call but then in the end asks if you wanted to try a pain cream!! scam!
Area Codes That Start with 9
- 901Area CodeTennessee, TN
- 902Area CodeInvalid
- 907Area CodeAlaska, AK
- 910Area CodeNorth Carolina, NC
- 912Area CodeGeorgia, GA
- 916Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 925Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 929Area CodeNew York, NY
- 936Area CodeTexas, TX
- 938Area CodeAlabama, AL
- 956Area CodeTexas, TX
- 970Area CodeColorado, CO
- 972Area CodeTexas, TX
- 978Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 985Area CodeLouisiana, LA
Major Counties Served by 984 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 984
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 984 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 984
- % of City
- Chapel Hill57,2330%100%
- Wake Forest30,1170%100%
- Holly Springs24,6610%100%
- Siler City7,8870%100%
- Mount Olive4,5890%100%
- Archer Lodge4,2920%100%
- Fearrington Village2,3390%100%
- Wilson's Mills2,2770%100%
- Four Oaks1,9210%100%
- Pine Level1,7000%100%
- Lake Royale2,5060%66%
- Walnut Creek8350%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 984 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 984 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 984 is a new area code in the North Carolina telephone system. It was created in 2009 to relieve pent-up demand for new phone numbers in the Charlotte area. The 984 area code covers Mecklenburg County and parts of Union and Gaston counties.The 984 area code is also being eyed as a possible replacement for the 704 area code. The 704 area code is already running out of numbers, and the 984 area code could provide an additional 350,000 numbers.
If you're looking for a new area code in the Charlotte area, the 984 area code is the one to choose. It's new, it's fresh, and it's ready to serve you.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 984?
What time zone is area code 984?That is a question that many people may have wondered at some point in their lives. Area code 984 is in the Eastern time zone. That means that the time in that area code is based on the Eastern time zone. If it is noon in the Eastern time zone, then it is also noon in the area code 984.
Are Calls from Area Code 984 a Scam?
Are Calls from Area Code 984 a Scam?It seems like every day, there's a new scam making the rounds. And sometimes, it can be hard to tell what's real and what's not. So, is it safe to answer calls from area code 984?
At first glance, it might seem like all calls from this area code are scams. But that's not necessarily the case. There are a number of reasons why someone might be calling from this area code, and not all of them are scams.
For example, if you live in North Carolina, you may have noticed that calls from area code 984 are coming from your local area. This is because a new area code has been assigned to this part of the state. So, if you're getting calls from this area code, it's not necessarily a scam.
However, that doesn't mean that all calls from this area code are safe. There are still a number of scams that use this area code as part of their scheme. So, how can you tell if a call from area code 984 is a scam?
There are a few red flags that you can look for. For example, if the caller asks for personal information or money, it's probably a scam. And if the caller tries to rush you into making a decision, it's also probably a scam.
If you're not sure whether a call is safe, you can always hang up and call the number back. Or, you can try looking it up online. There are a number of websites that track scam calls, and they may be able to tell you whether the call is safe.
So, should you answer calls from area code 984? It depends. If you know the caller, it's probably safe to answer. But if you don't know who the caller is, it's best to err on the side of caution and hang up.
What Area Does Code 984 Serve?
Area code 984 serves the northwestern suburbs of Charlotte, North Carolina. This area includes the towns of Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson, and Mooresville.
Is Area Code 984 Toll Free?
Are you wondering if area code 984 is a toll free area code? The answer is, it depends. If you're calling a toll-free number from within the 984 area code, then the call is toll free. If you're calling a toll-free number from outside the 984 area code, then the call is not toll free.The 984 area code is located in the state of North Carolina. It covers the cities of Charlotte, Concord, Huntersville, and Kannapolis.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 984?
There are many reasons why you might want to block calls from a specific area code. Maybe you're getting too many spam calls from area code 984, or maybe you have a family member or friend who lives in that area and you don't want to be bothered by their calls. Whatever the reason, blocking calls from a specific area code is a quick and easy process.The first thing you'll need to do is figure out the exact area code you want to block. To do this, you can use a website like Whitepages.com or AreaCode.com. Once you have the area code, open the Settings app on your iPhone, and then tap Phone. Tap Call Blocking & Identification, and then tap the plus icon at the bottom of the screen.
Enter the area code you want to block in the box that says "Enter a number or area code," and then tap Block. That's it! Now any calls from that area code will be automatically blocked and won't appear on your phone. If you ever want to unblock calls from a specific area code, just follow the same steps and enter the area code in the Call Blocking & Identification screen.